Terms and Conditions for Burford House Bridal
- Where only a 50 % deposit has been paid, the full balance of the order value must be paid at least two months before the above quoted Wedding Date; or on the Fitting Date, whichever is the earlier. MONIES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE TO OTHER ORDERS. ONCE GOODS ARE ORDERED YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IF YOU SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR MIND (Sale of Goods Act 1979).
- Goods ordered that are not available from stock normally take up to 18 weeks for delivery unless a specific time limit is stated in writing on this order. Gowns requiring extra length or special measures are subject to a surcharge, carried forward to the customer from the manufacturer, which is not always known until the gown arrives in stock. Then it will be added to the cost of the goods above.
- On ordering, a minimum deposit 50% is required on all goods. No alterations can be carried out until the garments are paid for in full. Customers are asked to settle any balance due by the date of the gown arriving in store, before alterations are carried out -a letter or phone call will be sent to inform the customer of the gowns’ arrival instore. Balances MUST be settled BEFORE the date of the first fitting at the very latest. No fittings will be carried out on gowns that are not fully paid for by the date required.
- Alteration costs are available on request. Approximate alteration time is eight weeks. Gowns are purchased on size only, based on the largest of bust, waist or hip measurements and agreed with the clients.
- Exact colours and shades on fabrics and designs on trim, including lace, cannot always be guaranteed. Accessories purchased elsewhere can only be used during fitting of gowns etc. at your own risk. Due to the Copyright Laws, photography is not allowed within the store.
- For reasons of hygiene ALL accessories once removed from the premises once they have been paid cannot be refunded or exchanged
- During fittings, shoes and underwear must be the ones intended for the wedding day. Your seamstress will recommend the amount of alterations to gowns, but if the client insists on a fit tighter than recommended, we will not be responsible. Equally, we accept no responsibility for gowns not fitting when collected due to clients increase or decrease in weight or any other reason beyond our control.
- Burford House Bridal do not directly employ a seamstress, however we do work closely with a local seamstress. All alterations are separate to the dress price and will be quoted on an individual basis. Any claims or complaints regarding fittings should be directed towards your seamstress and not Burford House Bridal as they are separate business’s. We are happy for you to use your own seamstress if you would prefer.
- In the event of a wedding being cancelled for any reason whatsoever, the balance becomes payable immediately and all goods must be collected. Gowns will be kept in storage within our store for a maximum of 6 months unless otherwise agreed.
Nothing in the above shall affect your statutory rights.